Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tonight's theme is...

"Songs of the Cinema" with mentor Quentin Tarantino

WHAT?!?!!? Hey, I love Quentin's work, but what the heck does he know about singing???!!!! He does choose great music for his movies, though, and song choice is important, so maybe he can help the "Idols" find songs that no one else knows and make them popular. We'll see....

I can see it now...he'll be manic as always...it should be interesting to watch.

Oh, and sorry about not posting last week. I was so angry that my DVR cut off, I couldn't bring myself to write about anything. But at least america got it right - Scott definitely deserved to go. "The Search Is Over" doesn't even have electric guitar in it until toward the very end of the song, if I recall correctly.

And just so it's out there on record, here are my favorites, in order:

1 - Danny
2 - Adam
3 - Allison
4 - Lil
5 - Kris
6 - Matt
7 - Anoop

Danny and Adam are my two clear favorites, but don't count out Allison just yet. I think Lil has definitely fallen over the past few weeks, but I still like her. Kris has impressed me (notwithstanding that bad version of Don Henley last week...ugh), and moved up a little. He's pratically in a dead heat with Matt. And Anoop rounds out the group. I think they would only use the save on the top 3 I mentioned, but who knows...maybe not. It's that time in the competition where they are all pretty good singers, so I guess they could use it on anyone (although probably not Anoop).

Tune in later tonight for my thoughts about this evening's show!

No comments:

Post a Comment